Locum Registration - Registrar/House Officer
If you are a current Auckland Region DHB employee wanting extra shifts in the Auckland region (outside of the DHB that you are currently allocated to), or new to Auckland (external applicant) looking for some casual shifts, our centralised locum registration service makes it easy for you.
For a detailed description of the locum process that needs to be followed please click here
Please be aware that if you are an external candidate not currently employed in a permanent capacity within the Auckland region that the registration process does involve successful police clearance prior to being able to offer locum contract documentation as per our obligations under the Vulnerable Childrens Act 2014. Processing times are dictated by NZ Police and can take up to 20 working days.
In order to be a Locum, you must meet the requirements below:
1. Hold current and full General Scope of Practise with no restrictions with MCNZ (and have any PGY2 related endorsements removed from your Practising certificate)
2. Have proof of eligibility to work in New Zealand
3. Have a current ACLS Certificate or confirmation of course booking if expired
4. Have proof of current Indemnity Insurance
If you meet the requirements above, please register your interest with our bureau by submitting an application by clicking on the link below. We will endeavour to get you through the registration process as quickly as possible. Our standard employment process applies even if you have already been working in the Auckland Region. The locum contract is a causal employment contract and therefore additional to any permanent contract. The employment process involves:
1. Completing an online application form and providing an up to date CV - Please download this CV for convenience.
2. References: If you are in current permanent employment within the Auckland Region we will only require a reference from your current run (as long as you have been in that run for 1 month or more, if not then the run you've just completed).
If you are an external applicant then we will require three satisfactory references for the periods as outlined here.
Whether you are an internal or external applicant, it is your responsibility to download the attached reference form and partially complete this prior to applying. Then you will need to: -
- Ensure you upload the partially completed reference form(s) with your application
- Directly contact your chosen referee(s) to get agreement that they will act as a referee and inform them of the process
- Actively follow up with your referee(s) to ensure the required reference(s) have been completed and returned
3. Please attach your certified copies of the following documents:
a. Primary medical qualification or transcript
b. Annual Practicing Certificate - we can download this for you
c. Personal detail page of your Passport (and work visa/residency visa if applicable)
d. Driver's license
e. Post graduate qualification(s) (if applicable)
f. Proof of Indemnity Insurance
g. Copy of your ACLS certificate less than 2 years old at time of application or email course booking confirmation.
Please note that documents can be certified by a justice of peace, lawyer or an NRA representative.
The Auckland Regional DHB's are committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and the intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children's Worker Role - Core as defined by the Act.
If you have any difficulty completing your online application or have any specific questions please contact Mia Ye, Recruitment Consultant at the Locum Bureau on 09 631 0707 Extn 39728 or firstname.lastname@example.org