2020 Training Year - Expressions of Interest - Anaesthesia Registrars
Work in Auckland in 2020 and see why it is loved by so many:
- Consistently ranks as one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Highly diverse and multicultural - Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau) has more than 200 ethnic communities
- Energetic nightlife, burgeoning restaurant scene, and an abundance of cultural and leisure activities
- Experience the East and West Coasts of Aotearoa New Zealand within a short drive, and hike in the Hunua or Waitakere Ranges on your days off
Why train as an Anaesthesia registrar:
- High quality teaching with dedicated teaching time and high exam pass rates
- Large cohort forms a network for learning, peer support, and study groups
- Well-established mentoring programmes at each hospital
- Variation in practice across a large number of clinicians, hospitals, and departments in a range of urban centres and smaller regional cities (Northland, Waitemata, Auckland, Counties Manukau, and Taranaki)
- Subspecialised & general departments, subspecialised ICUs
- All specialities required to complete ANZCA training
Watch this video to hear what one of our Anaesthesia Trainees has to say about training and working in Auckland.
- Required experience:
- ANZCA Introductory Training and completion of IAAC (Initial Assessment of Anaesthetic Competence) or equivalent training requirements; 6-12 months Anaesthesia time.
- Eligibility for registration with ANZCA (Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists)
- We are here to help you every step of the way. To help us make this easy for you, please include all of the required documents with your application as only complete applications will be considered.
- For any queries regarding the application process, rosters, run descriptions, or what it's like living in Tamaki Auckland please contact Charlotte Lawson, Recruitment and Allocations Consultant; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Regional Alliance on behalf of the DHBs is committed to seeing Aucklanders from every community and background share in a healthier future. To help us achieve this we need a talented diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our values and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maori and Pacific communities.
Come to Auckland - where we are training world class doctors.Apply Now