Expression of Interest Non-SET Surgical Registrars 2020 Training Year
Work in Auckland in 2020 and see why it is loved by so many:
- Consistently ranks as one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Highly diverse and multicultural “ Auckland (TÄmaki Makaurau) has more than 200 ethnic communities
- Energetic nightlife, burgeoning restaurant scene, and an abundance of cultural and leisure activities
- Experience the East and West Coasts of Aotearoa New Zealand within a short drive, and hike in the Hunua or Waitakere Ranges on your days off
Train as a Non-SET Surgical Registrar in the Auckland region where you can rotate through 9 subspecialties (Plastics, General surgery, ORL/ENT, Paediatric Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Vascular, Orthopaedics and CTSU). Please note, if you are interested in Orthopaedics only, please specify this in your online application.
- Approved training reimbursements.
- Opportunities to work alongside SET selectors who can offer you valuable mentoring, feedback, advice and tips to get onto the RACS SET Training program.
- Protected teaching sessions.
- Diverse patient base and demographic population (there are more than 200 ethnic communities in Auckland).
Watch this video to hear what one of our Non-SET Surgical Trainees has to say about training and working in Auckland.
In order to be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Minimum of 6 months in surgical runs and 3 months in ED run or ICU/HDU.
- Eligibility for general scope registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Check here
For application queries please contact Mia Ye, Recruitment and Allocations Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Regional Alliance on behalf of the DHBs is committed to seeing Aucklanders from every community and background share in a healthier future. To help us achieve this we need a talented diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our values and would greatly value seeing applicants from our MÄori and Pacific communities.
Come to Auckland - Where we are training world class Doctors