Basic Physician Medicine Registrars - Expressions of Interest - 2018 Training Year
Auckland - How far can you go?
- Learn from world class doctors
- High level of integration with employment and training
- Experience a diverse population and a wide variety of patient presentations
Working as a Medicine Registrar
By joining the Auckland Region as a Medicine Registrar, you enter a programme with rotations through world-renowned teaching hospitals - North Shore, Waitakere, Auckland City and Middlemore Hospitals. All Auckland region hospitals are located within a thirty-five kilometre radius of each other. Come and experience our diverse demographic population and a wide variety of patient presentations and pathologies.
As a Medicine Registrar you will have the opportunity to develop core adult medicine skills prior to your sub-specialised advanced training. Each of our four hospitals provides a well-supported training environment with enthusiastic and knowledgeable senior clinicians who can mentor trainees through their rotations. We take an interest in your career aspirations and will guide you through your training within all our hospitals in Auckland. Each of the hospitals provides a comprehensive teaching programme designed to help trainees complete their physician exams and expand their core medical knowledge.
Other learning opportunities include Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs and bedside teaching.
Medicine Registrar runs in the Auckland region are six months in length starting December to June and June to December. Example run descriptions for the 2017 training year can be viewed on the Auckland Doctors Website.
- A minimum of 6 months in General Medicine or Medicine subspecialty runs is required with twelve months or more preferable (please note some runs are not counted, e.g. General Practice and Emergency Medicine)
- Membership as a basic trainee with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) is desirable
- Eligibility for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand..
To be considered, you must
include all of the required documents with your application; only complete applications will be assessed for interview.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply today!
For application queries please contact Annabelle Baker, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com